Sunday, January 15, 2012

I was told this winter that I ought to write stream of conscience. Start with a to-do list and watch what it turns in to... I didn't realize this would surface on a snowy day watching movies with my dog. I know I should outline, I should finish my laundry, and I should also stop making up recipes and trying them out (that also goes against eating healthy, another suggestion by my spiritual life coach). So as I'm going through this, I didn't realize I would be inspired to blog. I know a few of my classmates already blog... some of them very recently. This is just my space, for my ideas. My inspirations. Things I like to share that I can never find a forum to do so. 
Facebook is just a way to keep up to date with friends and family. The note typing aspect of it is pretty lame. To be honest, this blog will probably be boring... with a rant or two sprinkled with humorous things. Maybe you'll see what inspires me. It might just be a time capsule of my inspirations through the crazy process of law school. You'll also see lots of pictures of Murphy, my dog. He is a blessing I never thought I'd get. My boyfriend, Joe, and I bought him last year as a Christmas gift to me. I think everyone in law school ought to have a pet. It's a living being that is devoted to you and doesn't talk back. So while everyone else is gunning in class and writing passive aggressive posts on either facebook or twitter (I am often guilty... I'll take one for the team), a dog is man's best friend who waits for you every morning to start the day and spends otherwise lonely nights with you watching TV and cuddling. 
I think this blog will be healthy for me. It is totally self-serving and I honestly don't care about feedback or comments... everyone's welcome but honestly this is my journal. I like typing more than a paper journal only because I need to get my typing speed up and I need to type without relying on spell check so much... the law student has surfaced again!
I am awkward, funny, smart, and honest. I have a wonderful boyfriend who I could imagine not knowing at this point. I also speak in double negatives, thanks to the South. You already know about Murphy... and you may or may not hear ramblings about my absolutely lovable yet absolutely frustrating family. I am in transition with friends. My law school friends are back and forth sometimes, but my close ones at school have become family. As for what I left at home, I am trying to see how it will all fit in my new life when I hopefully graduate. I am petrified of the bar exam and started an organization on campus to help others go through this fear, of the Beltway region of course. I would love to take the MD bar, land an EPA job, or do any type of agency law for that matter... I feel that my purpose is to help the government and encourage agencies to do the right thing instead of falling victim to Congress' intent alone. After all, they are recognized by SCOTUS as the superior know-how of technical information within the bounds of Congress. It's a lofty goal and maybe I am still a naive child of the law, but I want to teach lawyers about the climate and force education on climate change law to the public... But I hate this Congress. and I hate that they took away subsidized loans. 
But that rant... still needs development. So let's keep it light, dutch. Welcome if you're reading this, but welcome to me, to explore and have fun with my inspirations, thoughts, and mishappenings.

Peggy: Well, there is one thing that brings warmth to my heart.
[pause]
Peggy: Duckbill platypus.
Maggie Carpenter: No... that's only funny at Camp Birchwood in the tent at three in the morning and it's raining and my leg is the pole! That's the only time that's funny.
Peggy: Let's just give it a try.


No comments:

Post a Comment