Saturday, April 21, 2012

Allentown

First, I am finally feeling better. I had a systemic staph infection and even the antibiotics made me feel like crud. I have about 2-3 days more of those bad boys. Only in this freaking town man.

Second, Finals are killing me. I was waking up way early and studying way late, and I have been studying all semester... so my doctor is forcing me to take study breaks. For example, I promised on Saturday, I would start studying no earlier than 9am and stop at 5/6pm. I fought for that 6pm. I mean I feel better since I've been giving my brain a break for sure, and my study sessions are more productive. I just don't want anyone to have an edge over me. I'm tired of partying loonypants scoring better than me. I know my test anxiety is an issue, but it is getting better. It's just taking some time. I also have to bathe in apple vinegar.... it's just not an ideal time to be Katie right now.

Third and most important, Joe got into his Neuroscience PhD program!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited! He got a total fake out, too. The school sent him a "premature rejection" and now he has a full scholarship with a stipend to do his research! It's amazing. I have been praying since he applied. I now have somewhere to move into after graduation and it's only an hour from my bar review location (live professor, on site!). THANK GOD. I know he will move mountains with this program and he finally sounds excited about life. I cannot be happier!!

Fourth, my amazing friend and neighbor has let me borrow her car for the remainder of the semester. I've had to adjust my diet because my primary source of exercise was walking everywhere, but this miracle could not be more timely. Considering I felt like I couldn't walk about a week into borrowing the car, I swear she's an angel. God set that up because he knew I was sick before I knew! I was able to do things for myself: go to the doctor, get my hair done, I even got my first massage!

Fifth, about that massage... The place was different. The guy was intense. But the massage was amazing. I got extra time because the masseuse felt bad that he couldn't get all the kinks out. He said that I have a super athletic body and I have some super muscles (that are tight all the time) and that this summer I need to get back to team sports. Apparently my body is so tight all the time because I am not using my training in my sports: like volleyball, ballet, or basketball. So it's time to hit the courts this summer or something. If I do that, I'll probably feel better. I asked about going to the gym, but apparently my feet resemble professional athlete's feet. I have super high arches and I was even called out on the fact that because my arches are crazy, I rarely wear heels. I was told I was born to run... haha I couldn't stop singing Brucey in my head. Last time I heard that song, my friend Tom was running around a bar screaming the lyrics in all the "hot layday's faces." Mess.

Sixth, I need to pack and stuff. I'm not packing until at least the Thursday before Joe gets here but I do need to pack... We're going to NY and then PA. I really would like to see my grandmother. She's pretty ill. I know my mom makes it sound okay BUT let's be real: my gram is 87?, has alzheimers, emphysema, heart disease, colon cancer, and macular degeneration.... I need to visit before the summer officially starts. I also want to see what my parents have been up to. I miss my brother a lot and I know he still lives under my parents' roof, so he's probably stressed more than he lets on. And little Heidi girl, the family dog from hell, is getting older, too. She has a toy chicken with no teeth to play with, so she carries it around and lays it next to her and puts her paw on it. Insanity.

Seventh, I am signing up for the Long Island Medium. I play to win a reading every week and so far, no dice! I hope my mom gets a call and I can join her appointment.

But 7 is a lucky number and I can feel my brain relaxing and waking up! Time for some eggs and wills! love ya bloggies.

And we're living here in Allentown.

No comments:

Post a Comment